|Status Message :||
During the Covid19 period:
- Ensure you follow any current BHPA/Government guidelines (including refraining from flying if requested).
- Please be sensitive to local concerns: park with consideration, respect requests of locals and avoid confrontation.
- Fly with greater safety margins than normal.
- If you do get involved in any dispute please inform the Site Officer as soon as possible.
|IMPORTANT - Restrictions on use|
|Last Updated :||05/02/2021 at 11:41 by Rick Livingstone|
|Nil Wind :||No|
|Grid Ref :||NY663343||Height (AMSL) :||0' / 0m|
|Site Code :||17.062||Top to Bottom :||0' / 0m|
NE of Appleby
Although in Cumbria this site is used most and managed by the Northumbria Hang Gliding and Paragliding Club.
See their webpage for information:
Postcode for Sat Nav Systems (read the Health Warning!)
- This is the closest mail delivery point to the flying site and is positioned at:
Getting to takeoff
Permission to use site
No photos available for this site. Good quality photos of CSC sites always required.
Local Information - Pubs/Food etc
Nearest pubs to the site - for post flying debriefing only! You may find details of other facilities here
No pub details are available for this site. Send your recommendations to the webmaster.
This page shows records for this site. Some of the older records are not very detailed. More recent records may have an igc file available You can right click and download this to your PC. You can then use IGC Flight replay to view the flight.
No paragliding records available for this site
No hang gliding records available for this site
Follow the links to see the site in Google Earth and Google Street view. To access the former, you will need to have Google Earth installed on your PC. You can also upload your flights to GE - use GPS Dump (Links Page) to convert a variety of GPS file formats to a GE kml file.
Cross Fell Map