Data Protection Policy
Data Protection - Terms & Conditions
The membership system for Cumbria Soaring Club is electronically based and does not use paper records. As such, we store personal details on a secure IT system.
- In terms of data protection law, Cumbria Soaring Club is the data controller. Data is stored in a secure database on the web site which is hosted by a third party commercial web hosting service. Personal data can only be accessed by administrators with the correct access privilege and using their username and password.
- We use personal data solely for the purposes of managing our members and informing them about Cumbria Soaring Club activities. We also use the data to inform members about any other important paragliding/hang gliding activity, e.g. safety recalls. We use e-mail for all communications although we may use mail under rare circumstances.
- We are obliged to send member's names, BHPA numbers and postcodes to the BHPA at regular intervals to ensure that our members have valid BHPA membership. This is a mandatory condition for clubs that are affiliated to the BHPA.
- We do not exchange members personal data with any other person or organisation.
- We hold the following information about our members in our database
- Name, Address and Contact Details
- Emergency Contact Details
- BHPA Membership Details
- Details of membership payments
- Records of communications sent to you
- Miscellaneous Notes